A 14 day expedition to one of the most important regions of the ancient trade routes of Asia and a dominant centre for Tibetan Buddhism combined with the classical Golden Triangle of India.
Tour Cost: On Request
Single Supplement: On Request
With regards to culture and diversity, India is one land where people of different beliefs, colours and race live with each other in harmony. The apparent diversity in the inherent unity is widely expressed in its rich heritage making India a land of diverse cultural confluence. Art, Architecture, Cuisine stand testimony to the existing unity in diversity.
Keeping this as the backdrop this program covers the region of Leh situated at an altitude of 11000 feet above sea level, which is an important centre for Tibetan Buddhism and its vibrant culture expressed through the monasteries. The beauty of the scenic backdrop which is the majestic mountains adds to the charm and beauty of this region.
The Golden Triangle which covers the important centres of the Mughals and the Rajputs enchants visitors with its finest architecture-the prominent example being the Taj Mahal, rich cuisine, people and their lifestyle.
During the course of the Golden Triangle we visit an important avi fauna sanctuary to understand the migration of birds from Central Asia and the initiatives being undertaken to protect the avi fauna bio diversity.
- Learn in detail about the rich and vibrant culture of the Leh region
- Interact with the communities to learn about the influence of modernity on the traditional value system
- Indulge in fun and adventure activities through the program.
- Experience river rafting on the gorges of Zanskar river.
- Hike through the mountains to explore the landscape and interact with local inhabitants.
- Camp on the banks of Pangong Lake at an altitude of over 14000 ft above sea level
- Ride atop Bactrian camels which were extremely famous for transportation through the silk route.
- Document the rich culture of the Tibetan Buddhists through interactions.
- Dress in local costume and learn few steps of a traditional folk dance taught by community teenagers.
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 01 : Arrival in Delhi
Day 02 : Delhi/Leh
Day 03 : Leh/Lamayuru/Ule
Day 04 : Ule/Leh
Day 05: Leh/Nubra Valley
Day 06 : Nubra Valley/Leh
Day 07 : Leh/Pangong Lake
Day 08 : Pangong Lake/Leh
Day 09 : Leh/Delhi/Agra
Day 10 : Agra/Fatehpur Sikri/Bharatpur
Day 11 : Jaipur
Day 12 : Jaipur/New Delhi
Day 13 : New Delhi
Day 14 : New Delhi/Departure
Activity Particulars: TBA